Baked Vanilla Doughnuts – easy baked buttermilk doughnuts with a vanilla glaze and sprinkles! A lower calorie way to do doughnuts.
So I told you I was obsessed with my doughnut pan but did you expect another post so soon?
I couldn’t help it – these doughnuts are INSANE. I don’t even know how to describe them. Somewhere between a traditional doughnut and a cake but with a glaze that tastes like melted ice cream.
Still not sold on the idea of a pan that only has one purpose? I couldn’t have driven to Krispy Kreme and picked up doughnuts in the time it took me to make these guys. 20 minutes tops. Hot doughnuts without leaving your house and without heating up a pot of oil? Umm.. yes!
You need the heavy cream for the glaze on these boys. If you don’t have any, milk will do but if you want that melted ice cream taste, use heavy cream. Please, do it for me. You won’t regret it.
More Baked Donut Recipes
- Baked S’mores Doughnuts
- Baked Chocolate Doughnuts with Buttermilk Glaze
- Baked Peanut Butter Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
- Strawberry Cake Mix Doughnuts
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the doughnuts:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter (melted)
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - 2 teaspoons heavy cream (or milk)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla and butter. Beat together until well blended.
- Use a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip (or a Ziploc bag with a corner cut off) to pipe the batter into a 6-doughnut pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until doughnuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- To make glaze, blend confectioners sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream, starting with 1 teaspoon and adding more as needed. Dip each doughnut into the glaze and put sprinkles on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g