I’ve been in a muffin mood lately.
I blame the people at coffee shops. I go through the drive-thru just so I don’t have to stare down the muffins in the pastry case and every time they ask “Are you sure you don’t want a muffin to go with that?”
YES YES! I WANT ALL THE MUFFINS!
But… too much money, too many calories, etc, etc, etc. Plus, I’m holding out for the pumpkin cream cheese muffins at Starbucks! It can’t be long now before they’re back!
But anyway, I have literally been thinking about blueberry muffins for over a month now. On our way home from our roadtrip, we stopped at basically every Starbucks we passed because I was trying to get mugs for each city (#basic) and every time we stopped, the muffins looked so good. They’re just so big and fluffy and with all the streusel on top… I just love muffins!
I finally caved and made some over the weekend (after once again buying too many berries!) and they were so perfect. I used my jumbo muffin tin to give them that coffee shop feel and all the blueberries burst open and made the tops so pretty!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¾ cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla; mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low; alternate adding reserved flour mixture and milk to mixer, beginning and ending with flour. Remove bowl from mixer; gently fold in berries by hand.
- Divide batter among muffin tins. Bake 20 - 22 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; transfer to wire rack, and let cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g