Buffalo Wing Burgers with Blue Cheese Slaw – spicy chicken burgers grilled to perfection, an easy homemade spicy mayo, and blue cheese slaw. One of my favorite burgers!
One of my favorite things about summer is burgers. They’re easy, everyone hangs out by the grill, and you can add so many different flavors and textures to them.
This is one of my alltime favorite burgers. It’s chicken (or turkey) so it’s a little lighter than your typical burger but you won’t miss even miss the beef!
The burger is nice and spicy and then you spread homemade spicy mayo on the buns. Then there’s a blue cheese slaw that cools everything down just a little bit.
How To Make Blue Cheese Slaw
- Combine the cole slaw mix, onion, and parsley in a large mixing bowl
- Add vinegar, oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper; toss well
- Gently toss in blue cheese
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
How To Make the Spicy Mayo
- Stir together mayo, lemon juice, hot sauce, honey, and cayenne
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
How To Make Buffalo Wing Burgers
- Cook onion and garlic in a skillet
- Add hot sauce, thyme, red pepper flakes, and pepper; cool to room temperature
- Combine the chicken and cooled onion mixture
- Form into 4 burgers
- Cook burgers on grill for about 3 minutes per side
- To assemble the burgers, spread spicy mayo on buns and top with burger and slaw; add top bun
- Serve immediately
What To Serve with Buffalo Wing Burgers
- Baked Potato Salad
- Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Beautiful Burger Buns
More Burger Recipes
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Crockpot Cheeseburgers
- Doughnut Burgers with Candied Bacon
- Colorado Omelet Burger
- Nacho Cheeseburger
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the slaw:
- 3 cups cole slaw mix
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
For the spicy mayo:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, preferably Frank's
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the burgers:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for frying
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, preferably Frank's
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 4 rolls, toasted if desired
To make the slaw:
- Combine the cole slaw mix, onion, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Add the vinegar, oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and toss well. Gentle toss in blue cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the mayo:
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot sauce, honey, and cayenne until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the burgers:
- In a small skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. When the butter is almost melted, add the onion and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, then stir in the garlic. When the onion is golden and soft, stir in the hot sauce, thyme, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Combine the chicken with the cooled onions using slightly damp hands. You want it well mixed, but you don't want to squeeze it and make it tough. Form the mixture into 4 burgers. Use your thumb to dimple the center of each patty.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook until browned, about 3 minutes, then carefully flip them. Cook until the other side is browned and the meat is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. The burger will feel firm and the juices will run clear.
- Slather the spicy mayo on the buns. Divide the burgers among the bun bottoms and top with the slaw. Sandwich with the bun tops and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 870Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 228mgSodium: 1440mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 50g