I am the worst blogger in the history of blogging. I’m aware of it.
I am just… ugh. So busy! I swear I spent all of last week going from store to store to store to post office sending my husband’s last package only to have him get online THAT night to tell me he needed one more thing. So store to store to store to post office again. Between that and our regular day to day stuff, things have been cah-razy around here. I swore that I was going to spend the weekend getting some posts together but I’m sure you guys could guess that I spent the weekend watching an America’s Next Top Model marathon and taking naps on the couch.
Today was the big due date for Secret Recipe Club so I had to at least get this done! (I switched SRC groups again in case you were wondering. I have commitment issues.) This month I was assigned to Smells Like Brownies which was super exciting because she has a ton of fun recipes on her blog.
I actually made these Trail Mix Cookies first but y’all, I don’t know if it’s me or my oven or what but the past few times I’ve made cookies they have just spread like crazy. Even after I refrigerate the dough for 24 hours! So yeah, they were delicious but just not photogenic. Luckily I had bookmarked her Butter Buddies as something I wanted to make for the upcoming holidays.
These are like muddy buddies but instead of chocolate, you use butterscotch chips. I have never been a huge fan of the regular muddy buddies but I knew I would love this. And I did! I only made half the recipe because I wasn’t sure if the kids would eat it and lord knows the last thing I need is to eat an entire box of powdered sugar-coated cereal. So anyway, the kids gobbled it up and then asked me to make it again the next day! It was definitely a hit and I’ll be making it again for Christmas!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 9 cups Chex, corn or rice
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl; set aside.
- Put butterscotch chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir until smooth. If it's still really lumpy, microwave for another 30 seconds and stir again. Once the mixture is completely smooth, stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the butterscotch mixture over the Chex. Stir gently until all the Chex is coated.
- Put the powdered sugar in a very large zip top bag. Scoop the candy-coated Chex into the bag and zip it shut. Shake until all the cereal is coated in powdered sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g