This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
Butterfinger Whoopie Pies – soft Butterfinger cookies with a peanut butter cream cheese filling!
Surviving the week so far? Got stuck in a rainstorm last night. In the Jeep. Without the top on. And if that’s the worst thing that happens to me this week, I’m okay with it.
(I secretly love when that happens.)
Anyway, today I’ve got a fabulous semi-homemade recipe today because that’s what I’m all about right now.
I picked up all the new Nestle Toll House Baking Mixes at my HEB the other day.
Wait, Amanda, you picked up all of them?
I like brownies.
What can I say?
So there are 4 varieities: Brownies & More with Butterfingers, Brownies & More with chocolate morsels, Cookies & More with Butterfingers, and Cookies & More with chocolate morsels.
The great thing about these mixes is you can make them as cookies or brownies OR you can use that are your jumping off point and go crazy. Like, the box of Cookies & More with Butterfingers that I used has the recipe for the cookies but it also has a recipe for Cookie Brittle (!) and Banana Snack Cake. Using the mix!
You can turn these mixes into whatever you want!
Another great thing about this line of baking mixes is that they have no artificial flavors or colors. And since it’s from Nestle Toll House, you know you can trust them to put out a premium product.
Butterfinger Whoopie Pies!
For these Butterfinger Whoopie Pies, I used the Cookies & More with Butterfingers and instead of baking them as regular cookies, I added an extra egg and some sour cream to make them super soft whoopie pies. And then I made one of my favorite frostings to put in the middle: peanut butter cream cheese frosting!
Seriously good. It took me forever to truly embrace the whoopie pie but I’m all about them now. They’re, like, a cupcake with better frosting distribution.
More Cookie Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Butterfingers
For the peanut butter cream cheese frosting:
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream softened butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and sour cream and beat until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed. Slowly add cookie mix and beat until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in Butterfinger Baking Bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about an inch between spoonfuls.
- Bake 11 - 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter together until no lumps remain. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, slowly, and beat until combined.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 6g