Good morning guys! Or night! Or whenever you’re reading!
Hope all is well! I also hope you’re in the mood for apples! And caramel! And cake!
It’s that time of year. You know, the time of year when we’re all thinking about entertaining! So many holidays and dinners and football games!
Today I’ve got a sweet fall-inspired treat that you can whip up in minutes! So if you have unexpected guests or if you just have too many other things going on, you can still have a fabulous dessert!
One of my favorite tricks is to keep Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake in the freezer. There are so many ways you can dress up the delicious pound cake to make it uniquely yours.
For this recipes, I took a couple apples which we all have on hand this time of year and cooked them with some butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until they were soft and delicious. I scooped some of that onto the sliced Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake and then drizzled caramel sauce over top. Oh, and I had to top it with whipped cream too! Obviously.
Perfect dessert! And ready in less than 20 minutes!
Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake is great to keep in your freezer for spontaneous desserts. Be sure to check out the Sara Lee Facebook page for more tips and tricks to dress up your favorite Sara Lee products!
And let me know: what is your favorite way to make Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake #UniquelyYours? A yummy trifle? French toast? Cut into cubes and dipped in fondue?
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake - Family Size, cut into 10 slices and thawed
- 2 large apples, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- caramel sauce and whipped cream, for serving
- Thinly slice apples.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Once melted, stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and pinch of salt. Stir in apples and cook until apples are soft and have released some of their juices, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes).
- To assemble the shortcakes, place a slice of Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake on plate. Top with apple mixture, drizzle with caramel sauce, and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g