Cheesy Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower – pasta with cauliflower, kale, Parmesan, ricotta, and lemon zest! Light and fresh – perfect for meatless Monday!
This is the first of two meatless recipes this week. Things are getting weird.
So how was your weekend? Hopefully fabulous! I stupidly scheduled a vet appointment for Clementine at 7:15 yesterday morning. It’s never a good idea to make an appointment that early on a Sunday. Good news though, we only have this week and then it’s SPRING BREAK. And then the kids may or may not go back to school after that. Still waiting for papers to be signed so we know which day we can get the heck out of here.
Yesterday I also officially started cleaning out the house. It’s amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years. I found one of those cell phones with the pull out keyboard in our junk drawer – like, how old is that?! Why do we still have it?!
I spent a good portion of the day just filling bags with stuff to either throw away or donate. I’m starting to panic because it just seems like so. much. stuff. and it’s stuff that we’ve just shoved into closets or drawers because we don’t even use it. I need it all out of here!
Aaaaand I started listening to The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up while I cleaned. Mostly because I’ve heard that the author talks about your socks needing a vacation. My socks and I are pretty excited to hear all about that.
- small head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound small pasta – you can use any small pasta shape, such as farfalle, orecchiette, penne, etc
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- On baking sheet, toss cauliflower with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Roast cauliflower until soft, 15 – 20 minutes, stirring once or twice
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes depending on the shape of pasta you are using
- While pasta is cooking, warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 – 2 minutes
- Reduce heat and add cream, lemon zest and juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt
- Cook, stirring, until mixture is bubbling, about 2 minutes
- Drain pasta once al dente, reserving ½ cup cooking water
- Stir pasta into skillet to coat with sauce
- Stir in cauliflower, ricotta, and Parmesan
- If pasta seems too dry, stir in reserved cooking water 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches a creamy consistency
How Long Is It Good For?
This cheesy pasta will be good for about 5 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container (these glass ones are my absolute favorite!) to keep it fresh for as long as possible.
If it seems dry when you reheat it, add a splash of heavy cream or broth to loosen it up a little bit.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Pizza
- Dirty Cauliflower Rice
- Loaded Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Korean Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound penne
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- On baking sheet, toss cauliflower with 2 Tbsp. oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast until cauliflower is soft, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes depending on the shape of pasta you are using.
- While pasta is cooking, warm remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cream, lemon zest and juice, ¼ tsp. salt and red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook, stirring, until mixture is just bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking water. Stir pasta into skillet to coat with sauce. Stir in cauliflower, ricotta and Parmesan.
- If mixture seems dry, stir in reserved cooking water 1 Tbsp. at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Season with salt and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g