Cheesy Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower – pasta with cauliflower, kale, Parmesan, ricotta, and lemon zest! Light and fresh – perfect for meatless Monday!
This is the first of two meatless recipes this week. Things are getting weird.
So how was your weekend? Hopefully fabulous! I stupidly scheduled a vet appointment for Clementine at 7:15 yesterday morning. It’s never a good idea to make an appointment that early on a Sunday. Good news though, we only have this week and then it’s SPRING BREAK. And then the kids may or may not go back to school after that. Still waiting for papers to be signed so we know which day we can get the heck out of here.
Yesterday I also officially started cleaning out the house. It’s amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years. I found one of those cell phones with the pull out keyboard in our junk drawer – like, how old is that?! Why do we still have it?!
I spent a good portion of the day just filling bags with stuff to either throw away or donate. I’m starting to panic because it just seems like so. much. stuff. and it’s stuff that we’ve just shoved into closets or drawers because we don’t even use it. I need it all out of here!
Aaaaand I started listening to The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up while I cleaned. Mostly because I’ve heard that the author talks about your socks needing a vacation. My socks and I are pretty excited to hear all about that.
Cheesy Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower!
It’s pasta (recipe calls for penne – I have 7 boxes of weird shaped pasta that need to get used in the next couple weeks) with kale and the roasted cauliflower and then it’s all covered in a cheesy cream sauce. With more cheese on top.
It was so delicious.
Roasted cauliflower is just so good. And then you add in two of my faves – kale and Parmesan – and you’ve got a perfect meal!
More Cauliflower Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound penne
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. On sheet, toss cauliflower with 2 Tbsp. oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast until cauliflower is soft, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes or as package label directs. While pasta is cooking, warm remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cream, lemon zest and juice, ¼ tsp. salt and red pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring, until mixture is just bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking water. Stir pasta into skillet to coat with sauce. Stir in cauliflower, ricotta and Parmesan. If mixture seems dry, stir in reserved cooking water 1 Tbsp. at a time to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, All You®, or Real Simple® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SpringintoMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV