Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce – delicious sweet and spicy barbecue sauce made with fresh cherries and Bourbon! Perfect on grilled chicken!
Happy Monday, y’all!
How was the weekend? Fantastic, I hope.
I had a very busy weekend.
Finished New Girl. Took some naps. Caught a lot of Pokemon.
Definitely not ready for Monday! But I have a delicious recipe to share today so I guess it’s okay.
Have you tried Four Roses Bourbon?
I posted a photo on Snapchat when I received this bottle and 10 people were all, “OMG THAT’S MY FAVORITE!”
It is the only bourbon distillery that blends 5 proprietary yeast strains with two separate mashbills to produce 10 distinct bourbon recipes. The bourbon is then aged in one-of-a-kind single story rack warehouses that allows the bourbon to age gently and undisturbed throughout the years. Each bourbon variety has it’s own unique character, spice, and rich fruity flavors.
I used the Four Roses Bourbon Yellow for this Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce. They created this one by mingling all 10 of their bourbon recipes. It’s fantastic, with hints of apple and pear, a floral aroma, and a taste of honey and spice. It’s smooth and mellow and is great for creating sophisticated cocktails.
Check out the Four Roses Bourbon website for more info, lots of recipes, and to find out where to buy your own delicious Four Roses Bourbon!
Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce!
I bought a ton of cherries when this bourbon showed up on my doorstep because bourbon and cherries? Perfect together. (Ice cream recipe coming soon!)
This bbq sauce is sweet and spicy and fruity and delicious. Perfect on grilled meat, perfect on a spoon. I’m obsessed.
I made tater tots at 1 am the other day and stood at my kitchen counter, dipping them in what bbq sauce I had leftover.
More Bourbon Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Four Roses Bourbon Yellow
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add Four Roses Bourbon Yellow, ketchup, yellow mustard, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and add the cherries. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and cook slightly. Use a blender to puree the sauce until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g