It’s a happy Monday indeed because today the movers come, our new couch gets delivered, AND the internet will finally be installed.
I can’t decide if I’m more excited about the internet or the Keurig.
I bought instant coffee but forgot that we have no pots so I’ve just been using hot water from the tap to produce lukewarm, chunky instant coffee.
So, we’re really liking the area. Which isn’t something you hear. Ever.
It’s really small so it’s very different from what we’re used to but it’s not nearly as bad as everyone said it was going to be. I won’t be taking leisurely strolls through Killeen any time soon but I don’t hate it.
I miss a couple things though.
I miss having zero humidity. My hair won’t do anything I want it to.
I miss having no green stuff. No, not that green stuff. Colorado has plenty of that.
The trees and the grass and the flowers…. ugh, they’re killing me.
I’m allergic to trees. And grass. And probably flowers.
But the flowers are so prettttty!
Anyway, the boys ran out of clean clothes a few days ago and I spent a small fortune at Old Navy getting them all enough to make it through until the washer and dryer get here.
Not a bad way to live.
I made these cookies in a desperate attempt to use up all the flour (which btw, I think the movers packed the flour and I didn’t think they would and I feel like I should probably just throw it away because it’s been in storage for over a week now. Ewww…?) and I was pretty happy that I did.
There is almost nothing Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies can’t fix. These were so delicious and I kind of wish I had some now. They may be the first things I make when I get all my kitchen stuff unpacked!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¾ c. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Drop dough, using a tablespoon, onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until the edges start to brown. The insides will not brown.
- Transfer the sheet to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g