Chicken Cobb Sandwich – your favorite salad as a sandwich! Chicken, blue cheese, bacon, tomato, and avocado on a sandwich roll and drizzled with a red wine vinaigrette.
One of my favorite movies is Julie and Julia.
I’m not really sure why I like it because I find Julie to be unlikable and whiny and just annoying.
My favorite scene in the movie is the cobb salad lunch. Julie goes out with 3 of her friends and all of them order a cobb salad without one thing or another. I think my daily viewing of the movie is what inspired this Chicken Cobb Sandwich.
Chicken Cobb Sandwich!
For this sandwich I made some blue cheese mayo, baked some skinless chicken, baked some bacon (so the pieces stayed flat), sliced tomatoes & avocado, and tossed some romaine in a vinaigrette.
Egg is traditionally used in a cobb salad too but I wasn’t sure how I felt about it on a sandwich. Feel free to add it if you’re into it.
These were delicious. Even after we ran out of chicken, I was having sandwiches because the flavors are that good. I love the vinaigrette on the romaine, it was a nice change from plain lettuce on a sandwich.
Chicken Cobb Sandwich
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the sandwiches:
- blue cheese
- sandwich rolls
- cooked chicken (sliced)
- bacon (cooked until crisp)
- 1 to mato (sliced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- romaine lettuce (chopped)
To make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using to allow the flavors to meld.
- Just before assembling the sandwiches, place the romaine in a medium bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
To make the sandwiches:
- Combine mayo and blue cheese to taste. Spread on toasted sandwich rolls. Assemble sandwiches however you wish.
Want more sandwich recipes?