Chicken Marsala Quinoa Bowls are light, healthy, and so scrumptious! Perfect for a weeknight meal the whole family will love!
My kids are off school today and I am SO EXCITED. I still got up stupid early but whatever, I don’t have to take anyone to school! Yaaaaaaay!
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I’m pretty stoked that the Broncos will be at the Superbowl this year! Actually, really, really stoked. I only wish I was back in Colorado to witness my fave grocery store put Broncos stickers all over everything in the store.
I’m obsessed with these Chicken Marsala Quinoa Bowls. They are the perfect light lunch or dinner! Lots of veggies, some chicken thighs (you could use breasts but thighs are so good!), and a delicious marsala sauce! All over fluffy quinoa!
It’s also really quick to put together and in the time it takes the quinoa to cook, you can be almost done with the chicken and veggies!
I made a batch of this and had it for lunch for several days in a row and it was just as fantastic the last day as it was the first!
More Quinoa Recipes
- Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Feta, and Pine Nuts
- Veggie Tortilla Soup with Quinoa
- Blackened Chicken and Quinoa Salad
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring quinoa and 2 cups chicken broth to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for about 12 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally to make sure all sides brown, until they have softened. Add spinach and cover; cook about 2 minutes, until the spinach has wilted. Remove mixture to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and brown on all sides. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened. Add thyme and garlic; cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in wine, remaining ½ cup chicken brother, Dijon mustard, and black pepper. Cook until the liquid has reduced by about ⅔. Stir in mushrooms and spinach mixture. Serve over quinoa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 668mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 9gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g