It’s official hot chocolate weather in Colorado.
I’d be more excited if it had waited until after I have to walk around the neighborhood after the sun goes down asking neighbors that I don’t really know for candy for my kids.
But I’ll take it.
Weather.com totally teased me last night with “Locations nearby are reporting snow” so you know I stared out the window for a good hour and a half before finally giving up. No snow for me.
Good news though, I’m totally prepared for the cold now thanks to the lovely people at Stephen’s Hot Cocoa. They sent me a package of 3 of their hot cocoa flavors: Cookies N’ Creme, Orange Creme, and Amaretto. I buy their Candycane Cocoa every winter because the cute little bear drinking the cocoa on the package is just too cute to resist so I was excited to try their other flavors.
I used the Cookies and Creme Cocoa to make this popcorn. The coating for the popcorn is the cocoa mix, butter, and melted marshmallows! It’s almost like a rice krispies treat but with popcorn! And then, of course, I mixed in more (unmelted) marshmallows and some chopped cookies. Because you can’t have Cookies and Cream Popcorn without cookies!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 8 cups popped plain popcorn
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- ½ cup 1 stick butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup Stephen's Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa
- 4 chocolate sandwich cookies, roughly chopped
- Combine popcorn and 1 cup mini marshmallows in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and corn syrup together. Add remaining 1 cup mini marshmallows and stir until melted. Add Stephen's Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa and stir until no lumps remain.
- Pour the hot cocoa mixture over the popcorn and fold with a rubber spatula until all the popcorn is coated. Stir in chopped chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Pour onto a large piece of wax paper and allow to cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g