Funny story about these rolls: they are so good that the angry husky couldn’t wait for them to bake. She ate 6 (!) of them as they sat on the counter to rise. Yes, she got sick. Yes, she says she’d do it again in a heartbeat.
Easter is next weekend! My husband hasn’t been home for the past 2 Easters so it’s kind of a big deal around here. I’m excited to do a big Easter lunch with ham and cheesy casseroles and maybe even a vegetable or 2. And these rolls, of course.
These rolls would be the perfect savory addition to your holiday meal. They’re loaded with dried minced onion (which I’m obsessed with), garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. I was standing in my backyard as these baked thinking “Who’s making pizza?!” but it was these rolls. My house smelled just like a pizzeria as they baked. And they taste just as good as they smell!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active-dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In large pot over medium heat, add oil (or butter), water and milk. Heat until 110Â°-115Â°F. remove from heat.
- Add sugar and egg; stir in Yeast. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, cornmeal, onion, salt and seasoning. Stir with heavy wooden spoon. If necessary, work in a little additional flour with your hands until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead 2 to 3 minutes. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Cover; let rise until dough tests ripe.
- Punch down, cover and let rest 10 minutes. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 portions. To shape, roll each piece into a 6 inch long rope. Tie in loose knot. Place rolls into greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover and let rise until indentation remains after lightly touching.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Brush tops with 2 tbsp melted butter or oil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g