This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Change up taco night with Cubano Tacos! It’s everything you love about a Cuban sandwich but as a taco!
Let’s address it.
Yes, I put pickles on tacos.
But stay with me.
You like a Cuban sandwich, right? Who doesn’t love a Cuban sandwich?! So this is a Cuban sandwich. But as a taco.
Eh? It’s a good idea, right?
I had 4 the night I made them.
A few more the next day. I’m a little obsessed.
So the tacos start with a Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Flavor Loin Filet.
Have you tried the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork? They have so many different flavors and they are my go to for easy meals. Like, you can pop it in the slow cooker before you leave for work or roast it whole on a weekend when you have some extra time to cook. Or, like I did for this recipe, slice it and grill it (or cook on the stove) so it’s great for a weeknight 30 minute meal.
Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork also makes excellent leftovers and since it’s just me and the boys, we had about had the pork loin leftover and ended up making salads for the 5 year old and I and the 2 older boys had it on sandwiches.
So many delicious ways to use it!
You can find Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork at your local Walmart!
So Cubano Tacos!
After you grill your sliced Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Flavor Loin Filet, cut it up into bite size pieces and put it on some lightly grilled tortillas. THEN you start layering the other components of a Cuban sandwich.
Diced ham, shredded swiss cheese, and yes, pickles. And instead of regular yellow msutard, I wanted to make it more taco-y so I made a mustard sauce with sour cream and chipotle chili powder. Spicy and delicious and perfect with the smoky pork. And top it off with a little fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
I love these so much. Seriously, I could eat these every night and not get sick of them.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Flavor Loin Filet
For the mustard sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
To assemble tacos:
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pickles
- cilantro and limes, for garnish
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
- Slice Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Flavor Loin Filet into 1-inch pieces. Grill 4 - 5 minutes, or until the pork releases easily from the grill. Flip and grill another 5 minutes or so, until the internal temperature reaches 145F. Remove from heat and set aside to rest.
- To make the mustard sauce, whisk together sour cream, mustard, and chipotle chili powder.
- When ready to assemble tacos, cut pork into bite-size pieces. Grill tortillas over indirect heat until soft, just a few seconds on each side. Layer pork, diced ham, swiss cheese, and pickes. Drizzle with mustard sauce and top with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g