Dan Dan Zucchini Noodles – a healthy twist on the Sichuan classic noodle dish! Zucchini noodles, pork, and a delicious spicy sauce!
Okay guys, I’m on a diet.
Just kidding. ha! We all know that never works out well.
But I am trying to make healthier choices these days. Because, bikini season.
Although I had a Big Mac on Sunday so…
I’m back to my breakfast salads and sweet potato noodles and lots and lots of turkey bacon. And I’m even giving zucchini noodles another try.
I have never liked them (I don’t really love zucchini to begin with) but I’ve found that if I put a spicy sauce on them, I love them. And they have basically no calories so, I’ll definitely take that.
Dan Dan Zucchini Noodles!
This Dan Dan Zucchini Noodles recipe is like the classic Sichuan noodles that I order every Friday night, except with zucchini instead of regular noodles. So it’s pork, ginger, garlic, and zucchini noodles all tossed with a spicy tahini (sesame paste) sauce. And then it’s served with chopped roasted peanuts on top for the perfect crunch.
I’m obsessed. I had it 4 times last week.
It takes no time at all to prepare, literally 15 minutes or so. You don’t want to overcook the zucchini or it gets mushy and gross so seriously, just toss it all together and cook for 1 minute.
(This is the spiralizer I use. I’ve had it for well over a year and use it almost daily. LOVE IT.)
More Low Carb Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chili oil, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns, optional
- Pinch of sugar
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add ground pork, season with salt and pepper, and cook - breaking it up as you go - until no pink remains. Add ginger and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add in chicken stock, chili oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, tahini, peppercorns, and sugar; stir until tahini is totally melted into the sauce. Add in spiralized zucchini noodles and toss to combine. Cover and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts and green onions on top before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 801mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g