I’m in this weird dinner funk lately. I feel like I have literally cooked every recipe in the world that my family would enjoy. I spend hours every week going up and down my Pinterest boards trying to find something – ANYTHING! – that looks good. And then when I finally find something, I always feel like I mess it up and it comes out mediocre at best.
I’ve lost my mojo.
I actually put this Enchilada Rice on the meal plan a few weeks ago because I needed to leave for the grocery store immediately and just happened to stop on it when browsing Pinterest. You guys know I’m obsessed with enchiladas and pretty much all Mexican food and this definitely hit the spot. I was pleasantly surprised that something so simple and so easy could make me so happy.
To make it a little heartier for my people, I got put theirs inside flour tortillas and rolled them up like burritos. They loved them!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 11-ounce can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a separate oven-proof skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown beef with the onions until no pink remains in the beef and onions have softened.
- While beef is browning, stir together sour cream, enchilada sauce, ½ cup shredded cheese, Mexicorn and black beans.
- When beef is completely browned, drain the fat and add chili powder and cumin. Stir until combined. Stir in enchilada sauce mixture and cooked rice and stir and cook until warmed through. Season to taste with salt.
- Top mixture with remaining ½ cup cheddar. Broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g