Happy Monday! How was your weekend?
Ours felt like a nonstop food fest. My 3 year old has a birthday this week and since my husband has 24-hour staff duty that day, we kind of celebrated on Saturday with breakfast at IHOP. And then my husband is going back to the Paleo diet starting today, so he wanted to squeeze in all his favorite foods the rest of the weekend. I’m still full.
Anyway, I made this for the Saints game yesterday and I have to say, it was much better than the game. Holy stressful!
My husband had a very strange opinion on it. He tried it and said – and this is a direct quote – “It’s kind of weird with the corn.”
Well it is a corn dip.
I ran to Target shortly after it came out of the oven and by the time I got home, ¾ of the pan was gone. So apparently he got over the weird pretty quickly.
I, of course, loved it. I really dig corn salsa so this was right up my alley. It’s obviously not a salsa but you know what I mean!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilis, don't drain!
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot Sauce, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 8x8 inch baking pan with oil.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add diced green chilis, sour cream, and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, hot sauce, cheddar, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and corn.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining ¼ cup of parmesan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until it's bubbly and the cheese on top has melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g