Crisp corn, bell pepper, cheese, and Chili Cheese Fritos in a creamy dressing. Fritos Corn Salad is the perfect no cook, super easy summer side dish for all your barbecues!
Hi, is everyone dreaming of summer food?!
I have had my windows open every day for the last week or so. It’s 70 degrees which means it’s shorts and flipflops weather in central Texas! I am ready to get my summer pass to the pool, buy a bunch of new floaties, and spend every day in the sun.
Today I have one of my alltime favorite summer side dishes. I know we have talked at length about my love of Fritos corn chips so this should come as no surprise. (If you love Fritos as much as I do, try my Tex Mex Sloppy Joes with Fritos on top!)
It takes just a few minutes to put together and it is always a hit. Take it to barbecues, serve it as a side for dinner, or serve it as a dip at your next party! I promise everyone will love it.
No, it’s definitely not low calorie. It’s fine.
- Canned corn
- Red bell pepper
- Mexican blend cheese
- Black pepper
- Chili Cheese Fritos
How To Make Fritos Corn Salad
This is seriously the easiest side dish to put together. Like, if you need a last minute, no fuss, no cooking side dish to take to a barbecue, this is it!
- Stir together corn, diced bell pepper, shredded cheese, mayo, and black pepper
- Immediately before serving, stir in crushed Chili Cheese Fritos
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired
Can You Make It Ahead?
You can mix all the ingredients but the Fritos together ahead of time if you need to. Make sure to store it in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to serve it.
Right before serving, add the Fritos and give it a good stir.
Can You Freeze Corn Salad?
I don’t recommend freezing Fritos corn salad. The Fritos will get soggy once frozen and defrosted and nobody wants a salad made of soggy Fritos.
How Long Is It Good For?
Fritos Corn Salad is tastiest right after it is made, when the Fritos are still crunchy, but it is perfectly fine to eat for up to 3 – 4 days after making it. Just keep in mind that the Fritos will get soggier the longer it sits.
Make sure to store it in the fridge in an airtight container to keep it as fresh as possible – I love these glass airtight containers for storing pretty much all our leftovers.
- If you can’t find (or just don’t like) Chili Cheese Fritos, plain Fritos corn chips will work fine in this recipe.
- Don’t like red bell pepper? Skip it and use diced red onion instead!
- The shredded Mexican cheese blends usually include cheddar, monterey jack, asadero, and queso quesadilla. You can use any combination of those cheeses in this recipe.
What To Serve With Corn Salad
More Barbecue Side Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad
- Root Beer Baked Beans
- Cole Slaw Pasta Salad
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Pineapple Baked Beans
- Southwest Orzo Salad
- Marshmallow Fruit Salad
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup mayo (can substitute light mayo)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9.25 ounce) bag Chili Cheese Fritos, lightly crushed
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together corn, diced bell pepper, shredded cheese, mayo, and black pepper.
- Right before serving, stir in crushed Chili Cheese Fritos.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
- This salad is best served right after Fritos are added.
- If making ahead, wait until right before serving to add Fritos. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This salad is good for up to 3 - 4 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge but the Fritos will get soggy the longer it sits.
- If you can't find (or don't like) Chili Cheese Fritos, plain Fritos corn chips will work.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g