Today is the last day of November! Hooray! I posted every single day in November which means I completed NaBloPoMo for the first time ever! I had so much fun with it and kind of want to stand in my front yard and shout “I’M GOING TO BLOG EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!”
But I’m not going to do that. (Scream in my yard or blog everyday. Don’t worry.)
Since you guys stuck with me through all the posts and continued to comment even though I know you’re sick of me, I have an amazing Starbucks giveaway for you!
You have to read about my brownies first though.
Coffee and chocolate were obviously meant to be so I combined the two in this recipe for super rich brownies topped with a mocha buttercream. But it’s not nearly as heavy as it sounds – the buttercream is light and fluffy and was perfect on top of the fudgy brownies. I’m forever on the lookout for a rich brownie that uses cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate and I think I’ve found a winner here.
Starbucks sent me a bunch of coffee to “try” – and I say “try” because I kind of consider myself an expert on Starbucks coffee. I did wear the black apron for awhile, after all. ;) I love just about every roast Starbucks puts out but I especially love French Roast (included in the giveaway, y’all! Get excited!) because it’s dark and rich and perfect without anything in it. I used the Via instant packets for this recipe (House) and you can totallyÂ tell that it’s the good stuff.
For this giveaway, you get the four pounds of coffee that you see above and also 2 boxes of the Via coffee in House Blend and Breakfast Blend. I told you it was a good giveaway!
Leave me a comment letting me know how many pounds of Starbucks Christmas blend you plan on hoarding this year! :D (Five for me, thankyouverymuch.) If you haven’t tried Christmas blend, what’s your favorite kind of coffee?
For extra entries:
“Like” Fake Ginger on Facebook! Leave me another comment letting me know you did!
Follow me on Twitter! And then leave yet another comment!
- Only US entries, please.
- The giveaway will be open until Saturday, December 3 at midnight Eastern time.
- Winner will be emailed and will have 48 hours to get back to me before I have to choose another winner.
Fudgy Brownies with Mocha Buttercream (and a Starbucks Giveaway!!)
Brownies from AllRecipes
For the brownies:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
For the mocha buttercream:
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon HOT water
- 1 heaping teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt ½ cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- To make the frosting:
- Beat the butter until fluffy.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Add to the butter, along with the vanilla and cocoa powder. Beat until combined. Start adding powdered sugar, ¼ cup at a time, beating after each addition until it reaches the desired consistency. (You can use more powdered sugar if you prefer a stiffer buttercream.)