Wednesdays are my favorite. Mostly because I’ve become quite the procrastinator and wait until then to do my Thirsty Thursday post. Since I have no choice but to make and photograph the drink when the light is best, I get to have a cocktail in the middle of the day. And by midweek? I need it.
But these days Wednesday is also my favorite because it’s HONEY BOO BOO day. Don’t tell me you don’t love. I won’t believe you. I die a little every time I see the sketti episode or the bingo face episode.
So this week Nic asked me what I wanted to do for our drink theme and I said something with tequila so I don’t have to go to the liquor store. Because my husband is out in the field and the liquor store with 3 boys is kind of a nightmare. I don’t really know any drinks with tequila besides margaritas so… here we are. This one is made with guanabana nectar which is supposed to taste kind of like a strawberry, pineapple, citrus fruit, coconut, and banana all at once. I only got the coconut out of it but hey, I’ll never complain about a coconut drink. It was delicious!
Go visit Nicole to see her Bloody Maria. I love any drink that you can have at breakfast and not have your fellow diners judge you for it!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons orange liquor
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup guanabana nectar, in the Asian section of grocery stores
- 1 cup ice
- coarse sugar, for coating the rims of the glasses
- lime wedges
- Pour the lime juice, lemon juice, tequila, orange liquor, powdered sugar, and guanabana nectar in a large cocktail shaker. Add the ice and shake until cold.
- Put coarse sugar onto a plate. Rub the edge of 4 cocktail glasses with a lime wedge and dip in the coarse sugar.
- Use cocktail strainer to pour the drinks into the glasses. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 55gProtein: 0g