Korean Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowls – delicious sweet and spicy beef with cauliflower rice, veggies, and a fried egg on top! It’s paleo but even the non-paleo people in your life will love it!
I’m in love with this bowl right now.
So much that when I dropped the beautiful heart Pyrex that I love so much that happened to be holding the Korean beef, I may have cried a little. Over the beef. Not the Pyrex.
Okay, so if you follow me anywhere, you know I’m obsessed with the bulgogi fries from one of the local food trucks.
I think about them daily.
But they close on the weekends. And also, I probably shouldn’t be eating fries every day of my life. So I came up with this.
So it’s a thinly sliced flank steak marinated in a sweet and kinda spicy marinade and then cooked until crispy and delicious. And then you put it on top of cauliflower rice with some veggies and a fried and tons of cilantro and sesame seeds.
You can put a sriracha mayo on the side if you need a little something for dipping but I don’t necessarily think it needs it, especially if you like a runny yolk.
And it’s totally paleo. If you’re not paleo and want to make it, you can use soy sauce in place of the coconut aminos (although it’s defintiely tastier with the coconut aminos!) and regular mayo in place of my homemade paleo mayo.
If you are kind of a salad hater (me!), this is a great way to have a light, healthy meal without having a plate of lettuce.
For the Korean beef:
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, sliced very thin
For the bowls:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 batch quick pickled red onion
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, fried
- cilantro, for serving
- sesame seeds, for serving
For the sriracha mayo:
- ½ cup paleo mayo
- 1 - 2 tablespoons paleo-friendly sriracha, to taste
To make the Korean beef:
- In a large bowl, whisk all beef ingredients except flank steak until well combined. Add steak and stir to make sure each piece is coated in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, pour steak and marinade into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the steak is cooked through and most of the marinade is gone.
To assemble the bowls:
- Put cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add cauliflower and cook 3 - 5 minutes, until cauliflower has softened. Divide cauliflower among 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with ¼ of the beef, carrots, cucumber, pickled onion, avocado, and a fried egg. Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds before serving.
To make the sriracha mayo:
- Whisk together mayo and sriracha until combined. Serve on the side if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 947Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 330mgSodium: 1446mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 10gSugar: 25gProtein: 61g
Want more paleo recipes?