This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Cooking Light and Real Simple, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FreshandFab
I think this is my favorite time of year for food. I know I always get ridiculously excited for pumpkin in the fall but I think the vibrant berries and abundance of veggies in the stores right now get the win from me.
I have been making salads of pretty much just kale all winter so it makes my day to have a big salad full of color and fresh produce. I just feel better – body and mind – when my diet is full of fruits and veggies.
This Linguine with Garlicky Kale and White Beans comes from Cooking Light. This is what I love about Cooking Light. Pasta would usually be on my “no go” list this time of year but they do it in a way that makes it feel light and fresh and doesn’t ruin my diet!
Anything with kale just calls my name and beans are among my top 10 favorites foods. So this was a definite winner. I had it 4 separate times over the weekend and I’m still not tired of it. I’m really starting to dig “sauceless” pastas – the garlic really stood out in this dish and made the kale that much better.
It’s completely vegetarian and it’s light but still fills you up. I will definitely be making this one again.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh garlic
- ½ cup water
- 1 8-ounce package prechopped kale
- 1 15-ounce can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. When garlic begins to sizzle, add ½ cup water and kale; cover and cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans, ½ teaspoon pepper, and salt; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and reserved ¼ cup cooking liquid to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper over pasta. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 9gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g