One of my New Years Resolutions (who am I kidding, my only resolution) was to make breakfast more often. It really doesn’t take as long as most us think and it’s so nice to start your day with something hot and yummy. So when Sargento cheese reached out to me recently to see if I was interested in featuring one of their recipes, these ricotta pancakes jumped out at me immediately. Ricotta? In pancakes? YES.
The pancakes are fantastic! The ricotta made them so fluffy and rich tasting. Who knew, right? The orange was bright and delicious but not overpowering. I think the pancakes are just flavorful enough to not require any syrup or other topping.
Easy peasy breakfast – from start to finish it took me less than 30 minutes and this breakfast was so much nicer than a bowl of microwaved oatmeal or a Poptart.
Orange Ricotta Pancakes
- 3 eggs (separated)
- grated rind of 1 orange
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine (melted)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Combine egg yolks, orange rind, juice, Ricotta cheese, flour, milk, butter and salt in large bowl.
- Beat whites with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto greased, preheated 375F griddle or skillet. Cook pancakes 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Serve hot with honey or syrup, if desired.
I was compensated for the time I spent on this but the opinions are all mine and these pancakes are exceptional.