The pancakes are fantastic! The ricotta made them so fluffy and rich tasting. Who knew, right? The orange was bright and delicious but not overpowering. I think the pancakes are just flavorful enough to not require any syrup or other topping.
Easy peasy breakfast – from start to finish it took me less than 30 minutes and this breakfast was so much nicer than a bowl of microwaved oatmeal or a Poptart.
Orange Ricotta Pancakes
- 3 eggs (separated)
- grated rind of 1 orange
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine (melted)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Combine egg yolks, orange rind, juice, Ricotta cheese, flour, milk, butter and salt in large bowl.
- Beat whites with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto greased, preheated 375F griddle or skillet. Cook pancakes 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Serve hot with honey or syrup, if desired.
I was compensated for the time I spent on this but the opinions are all mine and these pancakes are exceptional.