Doing a paleo meal prep? These Paleo Pizza Turkey Meatballs are easy, flavorful, and full of veggies! Serve with zucchini noodles and paleo-friendly pasta sauce for a quick, comforting dinner.
Hi guys! Happy New Year!
Can I tell you how happy I am for the holidays to be over and to get back to regular life? I like my routines and the holidays have them all sorts of messed up.
Kids go back to school next week and then I’ll officially be back to normal life. I can’t wait to drop them off and then wander around the grocery store alone.
With no one asking for anything.
I’m also ready to not have tins of cookies and fudge hanging around the house at all times.
Okay, so these Paleo Pizza Turkey Meatballs!
They’re so easy because they’re just the Italian turkey sausage and veggies! And they’re so delicious because who doesn’t love Italian sausage and veggies?!
Ingredients for Paleo Pizza Turkey Meatballs
- Paleo-friendly Italian turkey sausage
- White onion
- Roasted red peppers
- Black olives
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil (or coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee)
- Combine Italian turkey sausage, mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers, black olives, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper
- Shape heaping tablespoonfuls into balls
- Brown meatballs on all sides in avocado oil in a large skillet; transfer to a baking sheet
- Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 165F
What To Serve with Paleo Pizza Turkey Meatballs
I like to serve these meatballs with either zucchini noodles or roasted spaghetti squash. And then I top everything with a paleo-friendly pasta sauce.
They’re also delicious on their own without a sauce. Just enjoy them alone or with a plate full of roasted veggies!
Can You Freeze Turkey Meatballs?
You can freeze these meatballs in a freezer-safe container (like a freezer ziploc bag with all the air squeezed out) for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to serve them, defrost overnight in the refrigerator and then you can bake them or microwave them to warm them up. If you plan on adding pasta sauce, you can heat the sauce and meatballs together on the stovetop or slow cooker.
More Paleo Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 tbsp white onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 2 tbsp black olives, finely diced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp avocado oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Italian turkey sausage, mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers, black olives, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper until well combined. Take heaping tablespoonfuls and shape into balls.
- Heat 1 tsp avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown half the meatballs on all sides and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Heat remaining tsp avocado oil and brown remaining meatballs; transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 165F in the center of the meatballs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 931mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g