Well guys, it’s time to start another week. Hopefully you at least got to sleep a little late today. And I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day.
We spent our Valentine’s morning at the park. The husband took the kids to the playground and I took the dogs to the dog park, like we usually do. And then we spent a couple hours texting each other photos of the kids and the dogs and others people’s dogs. #crazydoglady
I always forget how awkward the dog park is. Like, I’m bad at small talk to begin with but small talk while also picking up poop and politely looking away when someone’s dog tries to get frisky?
We went to our fave Mexican place for dinner and then I forced my husband to go to REI to get new running shoes because he’s been complaining about his since before this last deployment. A full year. Of hating his running shoes. And telling me about it.
So he got new shoes and then we got Dairy Queen because I haaaad to try the Red Velvet Blizzard before it went away.
It was pretty perfect.
After all the Mexican food and the mojitos and the ice cream and the entire box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates, I need a small detox. But I cannot detox without at least a few treats in there and this Paleo Strawberry Crumble is amazing for situations like that.
There’s nothing bad in it and it’s absolutely scrumptious. I can’t get enough coconut flour so I used that in the topping and then some shredded coconut. The top gets all crunchy and the strawberries get juicy and delicious.
Also, why are the strawberries so good so early in the year? We can’t get enough!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8-inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together strawberries, arrowroot starch, vanilla, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir together coconut flour, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup until it sticks together. Stir in shredded coconut. Sprinkle the topping over the strawberries, making sure to cover most of the strawberries.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until the topping is browned and the strawberries are bubbly.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g