Happy Sunday! I hope you’re enjoying a lovely weekend. I’m so not looking forward to waking up early tomorrow.
I had THE BEST time on my trip! I learned so much, had the best view from my window, and stayed up waaaaaay too late complaining about Pinterest with people who understood my whining.
It was awesome.
I also got addicted to Jane the Virgin – are you watching it? I went through all the episodes of Reign I’d been saving and then I watched the most recent How To Get Away with Murder episodes (OMG), and then started Jane the Virgin since my flights were delayed and then delayed and then delayed some more.
And now, as I write this, I’m watching episode 7 and I can’t stop. I thought it would be super cheesy but it’s so Ugly Betty-like and I am obsessed.
After days of eating whatever I want (like, I literally bought 3 candy bars in the Denver airport – whoops!), it’s time to get back to my regular semi-healthy routine.
And btw, Clementine gained a good 2 pounds while I was gone. My husband – who “doesn’t like dogs” – is obsessed with Clementine and gives her whatever she wants. And now she is quite round.
Anyway, my blogging bestie has been doing Waffle Wednesday on her blog every week which has left me craving waffles like you wouldn’t believe. And she has inspired me to try more Paleo waffle recipes!
These Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles are so delicious that I’ve made them twice in the last couple weeks. My husband and I like to cover them with Sunbutter and banana slices.
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 medium sweet potato (cooked, skin removed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until no lumps remain.
- In a separate bowl, mash sweet potato and then use an electric mixer to beat in eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and beat until just combined.
- Cook in waffle iron according to manufacturers’ instructions.