Ever since I tried my first peppermint bark candy waaaay back in November (heh..) I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making some. For some reason I expected it to be difficult but the only hard part was not digging in while it was chilling.
This is such a great holiday candy and now that I’m in love with it, I have a hard time imagining that there’s anyone out there who wouldn’t love it. I’m already looking forward to next year’s batch!
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 12 ounces white chocolate (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint extract
- 6 oz peppermint candies
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate, peppermint extract and whipping cream and stir until smooth. Pour the dark chocolate into the baking pan and evenly smooth out. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm.
- While the chocolate is chilling, crush peppermints in a large, heavy duty plastic storage bag. Make sure you have smaller and larger pieces.
- Melt the white chocolate and stir until smooth. Remove the semisweet chocolate from the fridge and pour the white chocolate over top. Place in fridge to firm for about 1 hour. Remove and cut to your desired shape and size.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.