Pineapple Fairy Cupcakes – delicious 2 (!!) ingredient cupcakes topped with vanilla bean buttercream and marshmallows to look like flowers.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (DO NOT DRAIN)
For the vanilla bean buttercream:
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
- 2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk
For the flowers:
- large marshmallows
- small sprinkles
- round candies
To make the cake:
- Beat cake mix and crushed pineapple until very few lumps remain. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake according to package instructions.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
To make the vanilla bean buttercream:
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla bean paste and salt. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and milk until it reaches your desired consistency.
To make the flower cupcakes:
- Use kitchen scissors to cut marshmallow into 5 horizontal "slices". Dip the sticky side of marshmallow into sprinkles. Position the marshmallows around the cupcake and top with a round candy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 0gSugar: 40gProtein: 1g