Delicious Pineapple Snack Cake made with DOLE Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice is perfect for any occasion.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s a cake that can be eaten for breakfast.
I mean, I can justify pretty much any cake for breakfast (leftover birthday cake? Duh.) but I love a coffee cake or a fruity cake because no one can judge me.
This Pineapple Snack Cake was my breakfast for several mornings last week. And before you start thinking it’s not a breakfast cake, let me assure you that it’s doubley breakfast-y.
Because pineapple, of course. Fruit = breakfast. That’s just a fact. Aaaand it has a cream cheese frosting. What is cream cheese? Breakfast food. See? I can justify anything for breakfast.
I love using DOLE Canned Fruits in recipes (you guys know I am the worst at cutting pineapples and mangoes!) and the DOLE Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice was perfect for this cake.
DOLE Canned Fruit is naturally fat free, cholesterol free, and contains very little sodium. They are also rich in vitamins A and C. I am forever using the DOLE Canned Fruit varieties in fruit salad because they are so convenient. It’s perfect for all your summer desserts or for healthy snacks. Mandarin oranges mixed into cottage cheese is a one of my favorite snacks! DOLE Canned Fruit is available at your local grocery store or super center in the canned fruit aisle. For more information on the DOLE Canned Fruit and to see all the varieties they offer, visit DOLE.com.
This cake stays so moist thanks to the crushed pineapple and it is absolutely delicious. The cream cheese frosting and the toasted coconut is perfect on top.
And remember, it totally counts as breakfast food.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the cake:
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups Dole Crushed Pineapple
For the frosting:
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
For the topping:
- ½ cup coconut
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, and eggs. Whisk in flour, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Fold in the pineapple.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before using the corners of the parchment paper to lift the cake out. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- To make the frosting:
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar and milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
- To toast the coconut:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spread the coconut out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and bake another 5 minutes. If the coconut is not golden, stir and return to oven for 5 final minutes. Sprinkle on top of frosted cake before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DOLE Canned Fruit.