This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MealsWithMarinated
Pork Gyro Salad – easy, healthy, and delicious dinner idea! Lots of veggies with garlic and herb marinated pork all topped with a quick homemade tzatziki sauce.
My kids go back to school this week. Which means it’s time to get back into our routine of homework and early bedtimes and all that.
And that means easy, quick dinners.
I need our school night dinners to take less than 30 minutes and I need them to be easy. But I still want healthy and flavorful!
That’s why I love this Pork Gyro Salad. The whole thing takes 30 minutes and it’s full of flavor and good for you stuff. A pile of veggies with garlic and herb marinated pork, all topped with an easy homemade tzatziki sauce!
I used my forever favorite, Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet, for this recipe. You just can’t beat Smithfield Marinated pork for it’s versatility, how easy it is, and how delicious it is! I grabbed mine at Walmart where it’s always a great price.
Smithfield Marinated is 100% Fresh Pork and made with real, all-natural ingredients. Real Fresh, Real Flavor, Real Fast.
I buy a Smithfield Marinated Pork Loin pretty much every week and we either slow cook it for easy shredded pork sandwiches (or salads!), we slice it into chops and grill it, or cube it like in this recipe. So many different ways you can use them.
I cubed the pork for this recipe because it makes it super quick. These little bite-size pork pieces takes about 5 minutes to cook. (Yours may take more or less time depending on how big they are.)
If you want medium rare cook it to 145-150’F, for medium cook to 150-155’F, medium well is 155-160’F, and well done is 160’F. Loins and roasts are best enjoyed when cooked to 145 degrees with a 3 minute rest.
Check Ibotta for savings on Smithfield Marinated fresh pork, while supplies last.
How To Make Tzatziki Sauce
- Whisk together plain Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and fresh dill
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
How To Make Pork Gyro Salad
- Cut pork into bite-size pieces
- Cook pork in a large skillet until browned on all sides and cooked through
- Layer romaine, cooked pork, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives, feta, and quinoa
- Top with a dollop of the tzatziki sauce and serve with toasted pita wedges
For the tzatziki sauce:
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ English cucumber, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 heads romaine, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 ½ cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- toasted pita wedges, for serving
- To make the tzatiki sauce, combine all tzatziki ingredients in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper ot taste. Let set in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cut Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet into bite-size pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add half the pork and cook, stirring occassionally, until all sides are browned and pork is cooked through. It should take about 5 minutes, maybe more or less if your pork is larger or smaller.
- Once cooked, removed to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in the same skillet. Add the rest of the pork and cook the same way. Remove to the plate once cooked through.
- To assemble the salad, put romaine in bottle of plate. Layer cookd pork, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta cheese, and quinoa on top. Place a dollop of the tzatziki sauce on top and serve with toasted pita wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 25g