Part of the reason I haven’t been blogging is that I haven’t really been baking. And y’all know my blog has always been primarily fatty, sugary, sprinkled goodness. Most meals I make aren’t even blogworthy. A piece of meat and a couple different veggies is my go-to these days. I’m only “allowed” to make something carby and/or cheesy once a week (the night before my husband has to ruck) so yeah, food has been pretty boring lately.
I do occasionally sneak in meals like this. Ones that seem healthy at first – until you realize the sauce on top is mainly heavy cream. Whoops. To be fair though, you really only need a little bit of the sauce to get that fantastic Marsala flavor.
Marsala is definitely one of my favorite flavors ever and in this, it’s mixed with another of my favorites: dijon mustard. It’s so good! I seriously could have drank it. And pork is always good. It’s inexpensive and a nice change from the usual chicken.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking dish with oil.
- Rub the pork tenderloin with 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the pork tenderloin on all sides and then transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for another 20 minutes or until done.
- A few minutes before the pork is done, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the shallots in the butter until soft. Stir in the Marsala, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Slice pork and serve with the sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g