Ugh, I’m with you. I’m not ready for today. I meant to get so much done this weekend.
But what did I do?
Got a really awkward sunburn and then watched all of the 3rd season of Young and Hungry.
Productive? Nope. Fun? Yep.
But now that means that I have a ton to do this week. So pizza for dinner!
My current favorite way to do pizza is with naan bread.
How much do you love naan bread? I’m not much of a bread eater but I could eat garlic naan bread after garlic naan bread and never get tired of it.
If you’ve never tried it, it’s kind of like pita bread but softer and without the pocket in the middle. And it has these puffy bubbles on top that make it really, really hard to resist.
So for this Sausage and Kale Naan Pizza, you just cook some turkey sausage with kale and garlic and then pile it on top of naan bread. Then you add some of those cute mozzarella balls on top and broil until the cheese is all melty and delicious.
Seriously easy. I’ve made this several times for lunch the past couple months and it takes me no time at all!
More Pizza Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 naan breads
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Add turkey breakfast sausage and cook, breaking it up as it cooks, until completely cooked through. Add salt and pepper, kale, and balsamic vinegar. Cook until kale is wilted, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place naan breads on large baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Divide the mixture among the 2 breads. Top with mozzarella.
- Broil until cheese is melted and edges start to brown, 2 - 4 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 867mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g