I’m on a Chinese food kick. Which should come as no surprise to you because I’m always either on a Chinese kick or a taco kick. But I’m deep in a Chinese obsession right now. We get takeout just about every weekend and I honestly think about Chinese food every day of the week. I don’t know what is wrong with me.
Luckily my husband is understanding and my kids love it as much as I do.
I’ve been using my slow cooker a lot recently because my oldest has soccer a couple nights a week and a lot of times, my husband isn’t home from work when we leave for the games. It’s nice to know that my husband has a hot meal waiting for him when he gets home and that the kids have one when we get back from soccer. I know a lot of people only use their slow cooker during the winter but I get so much use out of mine all year!
This dish was absolutely delicious. I really wish I had doubled the recipe because leftovers would have been even better!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound beef chuck roast, cut into thin strips (my store has packs of "stirfry meat" - they worked great!)
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- rice, for serving
- In the insert of your slow cooker, whisk the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic. Place beef in liquid and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours, whisk together the cornstarch and water and add to the slow cooker. Stir and continue to cook for 30 minutes so the sauce can thicken.
- Add broccoli and toss together. The broccoli will cook within minutes.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1472mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 36g