Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak – easy, kid-friendly meal! Ground beef patties with a delicious creamy gravy – all cooked in the slow cooker!
I have gotten into really bad dinner habits over the past 8 months.
With my husband gone there was no need to have dinner ready at a certain time so sometimes we’d have “dinner” at lunchtime and then eat cereal for dinner. Or sometimes I’d skip dinner altogether and everyone would just have PB&J.
I won’t lie, I skipped cooking a lot. A whole lot.
In an effort to get back into a routine, I actually made a meal plan and stuck to it last week. It made my week go a lot smoother and surprisingly, was a lot of fun.
How To Make Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak!
This Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is so easy and only takes about 15 minutes to put together. So it’s perfect for prepping before work and letting it cook in the slow cooker all day long.
Start by mixing together ground beef, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs, and milk. That mixture gets divided into 8 pieces and shaped into patties. Brown them quickly on the stove (or in the slow cooker if it has a saute function – this is the multicooker I have and I love it!) and then place them in the slow cooker.
To make the sauce, you mix together a couple cans of cream of mushroom soup mix, a packet of au jus mix (find it with the gravy mixes and seasoning packets in the grocery store) and water. That gets poured over the salisbury steak patties. And then they cook 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
I like to serve them with mashed potatoes so that they can soak up all that delicious gravy. Rice would work wonderfully, too!
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburgers
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pack dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pack dry au jus mix
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to mix together ground beef, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs, and milk. Once thoroughly mixed, divide into 8 patties and shape into over-shaped patties. Dredge in flour and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the patties, a few at a time, for just a minute on each side. Transfer to slow cooker, stacking if you need to.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together mushroom soup, au jus mix, and water. Pour over the patties in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 818mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 33g