A couple weeks back, when I posted my s’mores pizza, NicoleÂ and I got into a Twitter conversation about how much we both loved s’mores this summer and how we could blog a month of s’mores recipes and still have some that we wanted to try. Somehow we decided that a S’mores Week needed to happen – so here we go!
I’m kicking off the week with Ice Cream Sandwiches because duh! It’s summer and you needÂ ice cream sandwiches in the summer. These are really fun because they use graham crackers, fudge, marshmallows, and chocolate ice cream. Or you could use vanilla. Anything goes really.
I am totally obsessed with these and refuse to tell you how many I ate. They’re so simple and so quick! I’ve been too afraid to make my own ice cream sandwiches in the past because I thought the cookie parts would freeze solid in the freezer but I will definitely be making more now that I know they get nice and soft!
The kids loved them of course and that little stinker you see below tried real hard to convince me that they were perfectly suitable for lunch since they are sandwiches. Yeah.
More s’mores coming tomorrow! And go visit Nicole because she has S’mores Chex Mix ready for you today!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 9 honey graham crackers, broken in half (18 squares), divided
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- Line an 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Place 9 of the graham cracker squares in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Spread with Â½ cup of the hot fudge. Sprinkle with half of the marshmallows. Spread the softened ice cream over top, using a spatula to even it out. Sprinkle with the rest of the marshmallows and top with the remaining fudge.
- Freeze several hours. Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into 9 squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g