This post sponsored by Jennie-O. All opinions are my own.
Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Bake – low carb breakfast idea! Spaghetti squash, sausage, eggs, and cheese baked together for the perfect healthy meal prep breakfast!
Heeeey guys, happy Friday!
I feel like I haven’t done a real post in forever.
What’s been doing on? Weekend plans?
I plan on taking the top off the Jeep and taking the husky for a long hike.
Speaking of, the husky doesn’t know how to ride in the Jeep when I have the top off. I’m forever amazed by dogs in the backs of pickup trucks because she would literally go flying out of the Jeep if I didn’t strap her in.
Husky people, is this normal? Is mine defective?
Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Bake!
I’m obviously still obsessed with spaghetti squash.
I bought, like, 6 of them the other day at the grocery store – that was it, I just had an armful of spaghetti squash – and the cashier mistakenly engaged me in conversation about them and I told the poor girl all the different ways I use spaghetti squash and then offered to bring her some of this after I made it.
Very passionate about all things spaghetti squash.
You guys know I love the Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage and it’s my go-to breakfast protein. I use it in my stuffed acorn squash that I use all the time, I make an amazing sweet potato hash with it, I’m just obsessed.
It’s all natural, gluten free, and only had 5 grams of fat per serving. Seriously.
I know spaghetti squash is probably not your go-to breakfast but once it’s mixed with the eggs and the sausage, and a tiny bit of cheese (just leave that out if you’re doing the paleo thing), it’s pretty much like a breakfast casserole made with hashbrowns. It’s amazing, I promise.
I topped mine with fresh tomatoes and avocado and then I covered it in a ton of sriracha once I was done taking photos.
Let me know how you feel about squash for breakfast and if you have any delicious recipes using Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage!
More Low Carb Breakfast Ideas
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk, canned
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place spaghetti squash halves on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, or until tender and the strands easily separate. Let cool until easy to handle and remove all the strands. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Spray a 9x9-inch pan with oil or line with parchment.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until no pink remains. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the spaghetti squash. Add eggs, coconut milk, shredded cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir together until combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until set. Serve hot or use it for quick, healthy breakfasts throughout the week!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 258mgSodium: 1018mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 37g