I think everyone in a relationship with someone who’s deployed has a crutch that they lean on when things get stressful. And I’m sure some people have productive ones, like running. Or flossing.
I like to collect random things.
I think it’s always been my thing because my family still makes fun of me for saving crayon shavings in my pencil boxes when I was in elementary school.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you know that I have become a Goodwill stalker. I want all the old Pyrex.
All of it.
My husband was asking me the other night what I plan on doing with all of it.
Uhhh, I’m gonna put food in it and take pictures.
And then he asked why I don’t just look on Ebay.
Because then I don’t get to waste hours driving around to all the thrift stores in hopes of finding just one piece!
I’m obsessed. But you have to admit that the Pyrex is a lot more practical than last deployment’s nailpolish collection. I could live 10 lives and never make it through all that nailpolish. Geez.
Unrelated: Exactly 3 weeks until the first regular season NFL game. I AM READY.
And I’m making Spicy Corn Dip!
I love love love corn dip. Any kind of corn dip. Hot, cold, cheesy, spicy, I love it all! This version is hot and spicy and it’s just perfect with a big bag of the scoopy Fritos.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 11 ounce cans Mexicorn (corn with red and green peppers)
- 7 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 6 ounce can chopped jalapeno peppers, drained and liquid added to taste
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together corn, green chiles, jalapeños, green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, pepper, garlic, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar.
- Pour into a baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with Fritos!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g