Can I rant about something stupid? Because it’s Monday? And because my husband went back to work today after 3 weeks off? And because the dog has been sneezing every 30 seconds for the past 3 days?
We live on an Army post so in order to get home, I have to go through a gate where a military policeman scans my ID. And theyÂ randomly choose to search people. When this happens, you have to open all the doors, hood, and trunk of your car. Then stand in this red square off to the side while they dig through your stuff and/or take a mirror under your car.
And while this is going on you’re going “Omggg, I’m wearing the jeans that make my butt look big and I have 7 boxes of Fruit Loops in my trunk and ALL THESE PEOPLE DRIVING BY ARE LAUGHING AT ME!”
And guess who’s been searched 4 time in the past week. FOUR TIMES. Yesterday I not only had the Fruit Loops in my trunk but I also had Taco Bell in my front seat and then the MP in the next lane yelled at me for having my phone and it was just horrible.
I told my husband I’m not leaving the house for at least a week.
Anyway. The highlight of my weekend was definitely these kebabs. They are delicious and a super easy meal since you have your meat, potato, and veggie all on the kebab! The best part was definitely the mushrooms – they become extra delicious after marinating in balsamic vinegar.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 pounds small potatoes, such as red or gold
- 1 pound small portobello mushrooms
- 2 pound rib-eye steak
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- skewers, soaked if bamboo
- Place the potatoes in a large pot; add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook until barely fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and allow to cool. Cut the potatoes in half; set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, remove the stems from the mushrooms and place the caps in a large bowl.
- Cut the steak into smallish pieces, and season them with salt and pepper. Place the meat in the bowl with the mushrooms. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary and garlic, and stir to coat mushrooms and steak well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high, and lightly oil the grate.
- Put the meat, potatoes, and mushrooms on the skewers in whatever order you prefer. Reserve the remaining marinade for basting while grilling.
- Grill the kebabs for about 3 minutes, basting them once. Turn and cook for another 3 minutes, basting, before turning them over to cook on the first side again. Continue to cook on the first side for 2 to 3 minutes before turning them over and cooking a final 2 to 3 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 696Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 820mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 44g