Happy Monday! How was your weekend?
It was “mandatory fun” weekend at my husband’s work so our two older boys got to go to work with him on Friday and then we all went Saturday. They had a whole carnival-type deal set up with mini golf and bounce houses and then tents full of weapons to look at. Everyone had a good time.
Then I spent all day yesterday trying to fix my husband’s phone. He hasn’t been able to connect to wifi since updating to iOS7 and I feel horrible because I definitely pushed the update on him. I don’t think he’s updated his phone since he got it almost 2 years ago but I was all “WATCH ME SWIPE MY APPs CLOSED!” and he eventually got tired of hearing it. So now he can’t play his games because he doesn’t even have the option to turn wifi on. And to make it better, the guy at Verizon literally shrugged his shoulders and said “I don’t know. Maybe you should take it to Apple” after I waited TWO HOURS to talk to him. Because, of course, everyone and their cat was trying to get the new iPhone yesterday.
But I guess it’s just a bug and we’ll have to wait for an update.
I made these for the Bama game on Saturday night and they were a big hit. My husband had already had his cheat meal of the week so I wanted to make something Paleo-friendly. I did half the recipe as written and then for his half, I skipped the sugar mixture. They were very good both ways – I mean, it’s hard to mess up when bacon is involved, right?
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound bacon, each slice cut into thirds
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and/or spray with oil
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture. Place chicken on prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 706mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 25g