This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Pace.
My guilty pleasure is drive thru food. And I especially love Tex-Mex Pizza.
Crispy tortillas topped with refried beans, taco seasoned ground beef, salsa, and cheese. And then baked until the cheese is all melty and delicious! So simple but so good.
If you want to try making Tex-Mex Pizza at home, it’s actually really easy and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Do you know the difference between salsa and picante sauce? Salsa has big chunks of tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños and picante sauce has smoothly blended tomatoes.
I wanted that smooth picante sauce texture in this recipe so I used Pace® Picante Sauce. Pace is America’s favorite salsa for tacos and my favorite salsa for everything!
Pace Picante Sauce has a bold kick of flavor thanks to the savory onions and hand-picked jalapeños. It’s perfect as an ingredient (like for this Tex-Mex Pizza!) or as a dip by itself. You can find Pace Salsa and Picante Sauce for a low price at your local Walmart. Or click here to shop for Pace Picante Sauce and here to shop for Pace Chunky Salsa at Walmart.com.
This Tex-Mex Pizza is way easier than you can imagine.
- Toast corn tortillas in the oven until crisp
- Cook ground beef until cooked through; add taco seasoning
- To assemble, layer refried beans and taco seasoned ground beef on half of the tortillas
- Place another tortilla on top and spread Pace Picante Sauce on top
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, only for about 7 minutes
- Sprinkle with sliced olives and green onions before serving
Seriously so easy and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare! And so much healthier than going through the drive thru. My boys love these and they love that they can assemble them themselves.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place tortillas on a baking sheet and spray with oil. Bake 5 minutes, flip tortillas over, and bake another 5 minutes, until tortillas are toasted. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add ground beef and cook, breaking apart meat, until cooked through. Drain off far if necessary. Add taco seasoning and water and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost no liquid remains.
- To assemble pizza, spread refried beans on a toasted tortilla. Top with ground beef and then place another tortilla on top. Spread ¼ cup Pace Picante Sauce on top of the tortilla and top with ¼ cup cheese. Repeat with all ingredients.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7 - 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with olives and green onions before serving.