This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VansFoodsWaffles #vansfoods #CollectiveBias
Waffle Breakfast Tacos – cheesy eggs and crispy bacon stuffed into a waffle and drizzled with maple syrup! An easy and fun breakfast.
My favorite breakfasts are sweet and salty. Drizzle anything savory with maple syrup and I will love it. So I’m excited to share these Waffle Breakfast Tacos today!
Toasted waffles shaped like tacos and filled with crispy bacon, cheesy eggs, and drizzled with maple syrup. They are sweet and savory and also good for you! How can you go wrong with that?!
I used my favorite gluten free waffles for these Waffle Breakfast Tacos.
Van’s® Gluten Free Waffles are made with whole grain brown rice flour which makes the lightest, crispiest waffles! They are sweetened with fruit juice and free from dairy/egg/artificial anything/cholesterol/corn & are Non-GMO project verified. Plus, they contain between 21 – 23 grams of whole grains per serving.
Besides the waffles, we also love the Van’s® Gluten Free PB&J Strawberry Sandwich Bars which have 10 grams of whole grains in each bar! They’re great for lunchboxes because all Van’s® products are nut free.
My favorite thing about Van’s is how widely available their products are and how affordable they are. I have 3 boys and I want them to eat wholesome foods that they also enjoy and it’s nice that I can find Van’s in every store I shop.
How To Make Waffle Breakfast Tacos
The first thing you need to do to make your Waffle Breakfast Tacos is make the taco “shells” out of the Van’s Gluten Free Original Waffles. You can actually use whatever variety of Van’s Waffles that you prefer but I went with the original.
You need to thaw out the waffles so they’re soft enough to fold. I did this by microwaving for about 30 seconds. You want them to be pretty soft so they don’t snap in half.
Once they are soft enough, gently wedge a waffle between 2 cups of an upside down muffin tin. Then bake for about 5 minutes, until the waffles are nice and toasty.
For the filling of the Waffle Breakfast Tacos, cook turkey bacon until it reaches your desired level of crispiness. I went with turkey bacon to keep these on the lighter side. You could also use turkey sausage.
And then, the final part, you make cheesy scrambled eggs by cooking eggs with shredded cheddar cheese until they reach the doneness you prefer for your scrambled eggs.
To assemble the Waffle Breakfast Tacos, gently remove the waffles from the muffin tin and transfer to a plate. Each waffle gets a slice of bacon and a scoop of eggs. And then serve the tacos with a small dish of maple syrup so everyone can drizzle syrup on their tacos if they wish.
Check out Van’s for even more recipes and to see all the nutritious and delicious products they offer.
- 4 Van’s® Gluten Free Original Waffles (or other Van’s® Gluten Free Waffles)
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- maple syrup, to taste
- To make the taco "shells", microwave Van’s® Gluten Free Original Waffles about 30 seconds, until softened. Using an upside down muffin tin sprayed with oil, gently bend the waffles and position them between 2 muffin cups so that it holds the taco shape. Bake at 350F for about 5 minutes, until toasted. Let cool in the muffin tin while you cook everything else.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey bacon until desired crispiness. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium. In the same pan, melt butter.
- Whisk together eggs, cheese, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour into the hot pan and scramble until desired doneness. Remove to a plate.
- To assemble the tacos, lay one piece of bacon in each waffle. Top with a generous scoop of eggs. Drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 230mg Sodium: 512mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g