Mmm, I love the combination of white chocolate and cranberry. Something about the tart cranberries and the smooth sweet white chocolate just gets me every time.
These cookies combine the two perfectly and the addition of oatmeal makes them feel almost healthy. Kind of like a breakfast cookie instead of a dessert cookie. My little man loved them and tore through the batch faster than any other cookie I’ve made. This one is definitely on my “make again next year” list.
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brow. Cool on wire rack.
from Ocean Spray