Whenever I make a simple pasta dish like this, I go back and forth on whether to post it. It just seems so… not exciting compared to cupcakes and cookies and bread. But then I remember that through all of last year, my most visited page was a recipe for a very simple, crockpot pasta dish so I guess that means that you guys are on the hunt for quick, easy meals.
This one is really easy. To make it easier, I used a jarred pasta sauce but feel free to use a few cups of your favorite homemade sauce. The meal came together quickly and by the time the spaghetti was done boiling, the meat sauce was done and ready to be stirred in.
My boys all loved it. The 3 of them had it for lunch and then dinner with no complaints. It was a fun twist on spaghetti that I’m sure we’ll be having over and over again.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small package pepperoni (about 25 slices)
- 8 ounce package Italian blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; crumble sausage and continue to cook until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add pasta sauce and tomato paste; stir to combine. Add spaghetti. Slice half of pepperoni in half and add to pasta mixture. Stir in half of the cheese. Pour pasta into a large baking dish. Top with the rest of the cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly before serving.