Can we talk about how excited I am to share this recipe?! It’s no secret that I love pulled pork but with a homemade balsamic honey BBQ sauce? You cannot go wrong. And you won’t even believe how easy these are!
The pork is made in the slow cooker (see, easy!) and then all you have to do is simmer a few ingredients for the BBQ sauce and you’re done. You can buy deli coleslaw or make your own but you definitely need it to put on your sandwich. Yes, I am eating my words.
For the sauce, I used this balsamic vinegar:
If you are not putting this on everything you eat, you are not living. Best thing ever. It gave the BBQ sauce a slight fruity taste that just made it even more awesome. Of course you can use a regular balsamic vinegar too.
Looking for a slider bun recipe? I got you covered.
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place onion in bottom of slow cooker. Add meat; sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Pour broth over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4½ to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, for barbecue sauce, in a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds, discarding fat. Strain onions, discarding liquid. Return shredded meat and onions to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. If using high-heat setting, turn to low-heat setting Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw. Add bun tops.