I am so excited that it’s time for one of my favorite parts of the holidays season: cookies! I plan on going cookie crazy over the next month so get excited!
This first cookie I made is so awesome. It’s like a regular chocolate chip but has the Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces throughout. This was my first time buying the Peppermint Crunch and I expected it to be like the green ones but it really does have a fun little crunch. And the red is just so festive!
I love these so much and will be including them in my Christmas Eve baking this year!
One year ago: Artikchoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar on medium speed just until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Mix in the flour until just combined.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball; place on prepared sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Take a glass (or something with a flat bottom) and gently flatten each cookie.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets midway through baking, until the cookies are very lightly browned in the centers, about 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets until firm enough to handle, then use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack.