Sorry about the lack of posts this week. My husband was supposed to be home last weekend and well, that didn’t happen and I’ve been in a bit of a funk. I couldn’t pass up a Thirsty Thursday post though!
We went with ginger for our theme this week and y’all know I kind of hate ginger but you know what I do love? Gingerbread! So I made a gingerbread hot chocolate since it’s been so cold and windy here lately. It’s so good and the perfect way to warm up. I was worried my boys wouldn’t like it since it is spicy (cinnamon-spicy, not spicy-spicy) but they loved it and asked me to make another batch once the first was gone. And the little gingerbread marshmallows are just so cute!
Nicole made a Ginger Grapefruit Cocktail which I totally want to make because I am a sucker for anything grapefruit.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- gingerbread marshmallows
- Combine first 3 ingredients in an 8- x 10-inch piece of cheesecloth; pull edges together, and tie to secure.
- Warm milk and spice bundle in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and steep 30 minutes.
- Remove spice bundle from milk. Heat milk mixture over medium-low heat until hot. Add brown sugar; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Add chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm, topped with gingerbread marshmallows.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 639Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 10gSugar: 34gProtein: 17g