As if it hasn’t become really apparent over the years, I get bored really easily. Not like, sitting on the couch flipping channels bored but I get bored of things quickly. Hobbies, books, tv shows, etc, etc, etc.
So on our epic roadtrip earlier this summer, it’s really no surprise that by hour 4 I was done with my playlist. I hated every song. I never wanted to hear them again. I’m still kind of hating it a month later.
My children hated every minute of it.
I really got into Balanced Bites which is a paleo/overall health podcast and after many, many hours of listening, I got really excited about paleo living. I was all YES! WHEN WE GET HOME, EVERYONE’S GOING PALEO! THE KIDS, THE DOGS, EVERYONE!
This lasted about 5 minutes once we actually got home but I discovered a really awesome waffle recipe so… I call it a win.
I dig what coconut flour does for recipes. Especially these waffles. They’re really light and fluffy and the coconut flour adds just a little extra texture and a very slight coconut flavor. Plus coconut flour is high in protein, fiber, and good fats!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- Put egg whites in a large mixing bowl and beat to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together egg yolks, melted coconut oil, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, almond milk, and sifted coconut flour. Stir until almost all lumps are gone. Gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Cook according to waffle maker's instructions. Mine took about 1/2 a cup of batter per waffle and I ended up with 3 waffles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g