Everything Bread – yeast bread with everything bagel seasoning inside AND on top! The most delicious bread for toast!
I have the hardest time getting back into a posting schedule after taking a blog vacation. My mom was here visiting last week and I had intended on getting a few posts up but yeah… didn’t happen. And then the day after she left, I made the brilliant decision to do a detox so I haven’t been eating and therefore haven’t really been cooking or baking much. So if things are quiet around here for a few days, it’s because I’m too busy sitting on my butt, sipping pineapple ginger juice and wishing I had a cheeseburger.
I did manage to make this Everything Bread and it was complete torture. I can’t wait until Wednesday when I can finally have a slice! I’ve made this recipe in the past though so I can safely say that it is absolutely amazing and it’s perfect for those of us that love the “everything” flavor but aren’t huge bagel fans. Last time I made it – probably a year ago – my husband was at work and I kept taking little slivers off it so by the time he made it home it was completely gone. He walked in and said “It smells like bread in here!” And I was all “Weird, right?!”
My favorite thing about this bread and what sets it apart from other “everything” recipes I’ve come across is that the seeds and dried onion and all that goodness are inside that bread too! So it’s double the flavor!
My kids, who request bread with no seeds when I’m making sandwiches for them, loved this! My 2 year old broke into “There’s a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy” after his first bite! I guess they were pretty excited that I decided to share the loaf with them this time! Eep!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ cups plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
For the topping:
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon poppy seeds
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¾ teaspoon dried minced onion
- Whisk together yeast, 1 cup flour, and other dry ingredients.
- Stir together liquids and heat to 120-130F.
- Combine dry mixture and liquid ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle or beaters for 4 minutes on medium speed. Gradually add remaining flour and knead with dough hook 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Cover; let rise until dough tests ripe, about an hour.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; punch down to remove air bubbles. Shape dough into a round loaf. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Cover; let rise until indentation remains after touching, another hour or so.
- Combine 1+½ teaspoons water and â…› teaspoon cornstarch; brush on top of bread. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in preheated 375F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until tested done. Remove from baking sheet; cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g