Do you have a go-to breakfast for mornings when you’re hosting overnight guests?
We are officially in that time of year where family is coming in and out of town and if you’re anything like me, you’re looking for delicious meal ideas that won’t keep you in the kitchen all day long.
I’ve got a great one for you that takes no time to throw together and only requires 2 ingredients!
You need a package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (thawed in the fridge overnight) and apple pie filling. Ignore the egg in the photo. I actually did an egg wash on the first batch and didn’t like how it seemed to weigh the puff pastry down. So I left it off the second batch and the puff pastry was much puffier.
If you remember to thaw the puff pastry in the refrigerate overnight, these will seriously take about 5 minutes to assemble and about 15 minutes to bake. You can’t run out to the bakery for turnovers in 20 minutes! Plus, it’s too cold to be running around so early in the morning!
All I did was cut the puff pastry into 6 pieces and then put a couple pieces of apple with the delicious gooey filling in the center. I folded those up, making sure not to completely seal it so the steam can escape, and then baked them. Once they came out of the oven, I made a simple glaze with powdered sugar and heavy cream to drizzle on top.
They are so good! Like little apple pies but with flaky, airy crust!
- 1 pack Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ – 1 tablespoon heavy cream, or milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with oil.
- Lay out one sheet of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. Following the lines on the pastry, cut into 3 strips. Cut each strip in half to make 6 rectangles.
- Spoon a heaping spoonful of pie filling onto each rectangle.
- Fold up gently, pinching to seal. Place folded turnovers on prepared sheet.
- Bake 15 – 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- While turnovers are baking, whisk together powdered sugar and heavy cream. Once turnovers come out of the oven, glaze immediately.
- Look cool slight on a wire rack before serving.
- Repeat with remaining sheet of puff pastry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
I’m always looking for ways to spark new creative ideas with my recipes. I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to check out more recipes at www.puffpastry.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. The opinions and text are all mine.