My ultimate favorite type of cookie is any kind with crunchy coarse sugar on top.
Related: whenever I go to a coffee shop, I always go for the drink with coarse sugar sprinkled on top. Why is crunch in a drink appealing? I don’t know.
I just love it.
The best sugar to use for that kind of thing is Sugar In The Raw®. It is perfect for topping cookies, pies, muffins, anything that needs a little sweet crunch on top! Plus, it’s unrefined and unbleached which I appreciate.
It was especially delicious on these Soft Gingerbread Cookies! It added a bit more sweetness to the spicy cookies and that crunch that I love so much.
I really don’t like crunchy gingerbread cookies so every year I make soft ones and these are my favorite. They stay fat and really soft and I can’t get enough.
If you’re working on your holiday baking, look out for the 2 pound bulk box of Sugar In The Raw if you’re on the East Coast. West Coasters, key an eye out for the 24 ounce bag!
For more info on Sugar In The Raw or to find more recipes using it, check out the website! Find coupons for your favorite In The Raw products here! You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Youtube.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar In The Raw
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Sugar In The Raw
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy. Beat in Sugar in the Raw, molasses, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg to remove lumps. Slowly add this mixture to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about an inch in between. Sprinkle tops with remaining Sugar in the Raw.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until they just begin to brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of In The Raw via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.